Designed for running but adopted by the street, the Nike Air VaporMax 2019 features the lightest, most flexible Air Max cushioning to date. A stretch woven material wraps your foot for lightweight support and stability, while an external reinforcement in the heel secures the back of your foot.
• Stretch textile and synthetic upper adds lightweight structure
• VaporMax Air technology provides a soft, lightweight feel
• Cushioning only where you need it increases flexibility
• Midfoot cage adds extra support
• Rubber pods in high-wear areas enhance durability
Nike was founded in 1964 as Blue Ribbon Sports and initially operated as a reseller for the Japanese company Onitsuka Tiger - now known as Asics. Although created by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight, Jeff Johnson was the one who inspired the Nike name from the Greek statue, "The Victory of Samothrace." The first shoe was created in 1974 and was a '' Nike Waffle Trainer '' and after a few years of success, the successful Nike Swoosh collection went to the top. In 1988, Nike made a debut with a strong campaign, the "Just Do It" series, taking the company to the top of sportswear where they stayed forever!